Apple (Free via Apple App store)
4 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
This app is the self-proclaimed "world's funnest energy tracker." The name Juice is a play on words; it uses a juice bottle graphic to which users add life's ingredients: sleep, exercise and nutrition. Juice connects the dots between your daily routine and your daily energy. The purpose is to uncover patterns and identify the behaviors that zap energy.
- Simple navigation, easy and fun to use.
- Cartoonish graphics keep the app light and fun to use.
- All ingredients can be entered in less than a minute a day using a 5-point rating system from "awful" to "great."
- Borrows from traditional journaling with the option for notes on each ingredient.
- Delivers useful graphs of daily energy compared to each ingredient.
- Easily access tracking statistics, notes and health tips at the bottom of every entry screen via My Stats, My Notes and My Tips tabs.
- Hundreds of tips and reminders — some written by registered dietitians.
- Health tips can be saved to favorites, set as reminders or shared with others.
- Weekly report shows progress and the impact that each ingredient has on energy and helps prioritize healthy habits for the upcoming week.
- Ability to unlock new assessments for optional ingredients like mood, stress and life balance through daily use.
- Free app with no advertisements.
- Links to popular media health and nutrition news stories (provided as resources) may not always be based on sound science. Government, education and healthcare institutions sources may be more reliable and credible over time.
- Sharing is limited to Facebook and email only.
- A few broken links uncovered in the resources section.
Juice goes beyond typical journaling to track what people want more of…energy. Though not scientifically proven, Juice is a fun and easy way to track how sleep, diet, and exercise impact energy and quality of life. The average user will be able to identify what works and doesn't work and get tips on changing the behaviors that zap energy.