Apple, Android, Blackberry (Free; Available via Apple App store, Android Market, Blackberry)
4 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
The SparkRecipes app mirrors SparkPeople's healthy recipe website as a way to access thousands of healthy recipes from anywhere.
- Easy to use.
- Clear and simple navigation organized by category, course, cuisine, occasion and dietary needs.
- Community ratings and reviews of recipes add to the cooking, learning and trial experience.
- Includes a limited number of instructional and informational videos on popular questions like cutting a mango, slicing an avocado and essential kitchen tools.
- Easily recall favorites by saving them to the favorites list.
- Includes a handy conversion tool to easily convert common cooking measures.
- Integrated sharing tools allow you to easily share a favorite recipe via email, Facebook or Twitter.
- Includes nutrition analysis for most recipes.
- Some recipes don't include pictures.
- Most recipes are user-generated and may not be properly tested before appearing in the database.
- Nutrition information may be submitted by SparkPeople community members and may not be reliable.
- Advertisements appear on the recipe pages.
This app puts the healthy recipes available on the SparkPeople website at your fingertips to make finding a recipe on-the-go a breeze.