Synopsis of the App
FODMAP Grocery Guide is designed to make shopping and selecting foods easier for those following the FODMAP diet.
Platform and Price
$1.99. Apple only.
5 out of 5
- Simple design and easy to navigate.
- Designed especially for those with functional gut disorders to help reduce some of the fears associated with choosing the right foods and shopping and eating with a digestive disorder.
- App provides a detailed list of low-FODMAP foods organized by aisle or section of the grocery store. Some are listed by brand name.
- Add custom quantities and check items off as you go through the store.
- Created and maintained by a registered dietitian who specializes in digestive health.
- Includes support for dynamic type to make it easier to read.
- Available offline so you can go all the way to back of the supermarket without losing your place in the app.
- Includes a page of Frequently Asked Questions with the proper disclaimers.
- Only available on iPhone and iPad at the time of this review.
- No substitute for working with a skilled health professional and should not be used without individualized or customized direction or guidance.
The FODMAP Grocery Guide simplifies the shopping process for those new to the FODMAP way of eating. This app would be best used with a registered dietitian who is skilled at FODMAPs.