Synopsis of the App
Runtasty is a healthy recipe app that caters to a variety of dietary needs and provides step-by-step cooking videos and nutrition information.
Platform and Price
Free. Apple and Android.
5 out of 5
- The app is easy to navigate and has a pleasing aesthetic with brilliant food photography.
- Includes at least 40 on-trend recipes like protein pancakes, zoats (zucchini oats), and chia pudding.
- All recipes include calories, protein, carbohydrate and fat information.
- All recipes include professional quality, step-by-step videos to make following that much easier.
- Includes a video library of basic cooking skills like how to cut an onion and how to poach an egg.
- Search for recipes using ingredient keywords or click on a tag to browse options like breakfast, dinner or snacks.
- Search recipes by dietary restrictions, which include dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, and more.
- Colorful icons identify foods that meet certain nutrition criteria such as high carb or nut-free.
- Save favorite recipes and blog posts to easily access them later.
- Join the app using a Facebook account or create an account using an email address.
- Ingredient quantities are provided in grams, which will send most Americans to an online converter or in search of a different recipe outside the app.
- Does not include a grocery list feature.
- The recipe database is limited. With only 40 recipes at the time of this review, heavy users will quickly want more.
Runtasty beats the healthy recipe app competition with its stunning photography and easy to follow cooking videos. If you are a whiz at converting metric to customary measures in the kitchen, you’ll fall in love with this easy-to-navigate cooking app.