Synopsis of the App
Yummi is the home for all of your foodprints: your food photos and memories. The app lets you log, retrieve and share food memories with friends.
Platform and Price
Free. Apple and Android.
4 out of 5
- Easy-to-use and familiar design.
- Simply snap a photo (or up to 15) to leave a “foodprint.”
- Foodprints are automatically backdated and organized into a time sequence on your profile page. You can add old food photos to your Yummi account or start fresh with new ones.
- Post photos and dress them up with filters, text, and stickers in just a few clicks.
- Add reviews of the food you eat and review that of other Yummi users to get insight into places you might want to visit and food you want to try.
- Organize food photos chronologically and search geographically.
- Set your profile or individual posts as private or public at any time.
- Join Yummi with ease using email, Facebook or Instagram.
- Collect coins (or points) for being active in the app and inviting friends to join.
- Search for foodprints, recommendations and ideas from Yummi users near you or within a specific radius.
- Save places you like to your wish list with a single click.
- Explore Yummi’s international community and interact with users all over the globe.
- Easily share content to Facebook or Instagram.
- To get the most from the app, you’ll need to turn on location services and allow access to photos, which may conjure privacy concerns for some.
- The current community is small and therefore limited. Yummi has not reached a critical mass to truly cover the food around the world.
- Coins cannot currently be redeemed for anything but (per the app) may be used for events and food discounts later.
Yummi is like a dedicated social feed and search engine for food from around the globe. It’s Instagram meets Yelp with a dash of Google. If it continues to grow, it can be a resourceful and fun place for foodies to hang out.