Serving size: ¼ cup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4 to 6 hours
- 2 cups trimmed and thinly sliced leeks (about 2 leeks)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped yellow onion (about 1 onion)
- 3 diced garlic cloves
- 3 ½ cups diced celery (reserve celery leaves for garnish, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) olive oil
- 6 cups (1,440 milliliters) vegetable broth
- 1 13 ½-ounce (400 milliliters) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced dill leaves
- Place leeks, onion, garlic, celery, salt, pepper and bay leaf in the vessel of a slow cooker.
Pour in olive oil, vegetable broth and coconut milk. Stir well and cover.
- Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours (or on low for 8 to 10 hours).
- Turn off slow cooker, remove bay leaf and add dill.
- Blend until smooth, either in small batches using a blender or in the slow cooker using an immersion blender.
- Ladle into 2-ounce shooters and garnish with celery leaves, if desired.
Cooking note: If serving a smaller party, scale down recipe as needed.
Nutrition per serving: CALORIES 35; TOTAL FAT 3g; SAT. FAT 2g; CHOL. 2mg; SODIUM 176mg; CARB. 2g; FIBER 0g; SUGARS 1g; PROTEIN 0g; POTASSIUM 60mg; PHOSPHORUS 16mg