These tasty, gluten-free cheddar almond flour crackers are a snap to whip up and a great addition to any appetizer or snack plate.
This sponsored recipe is brought by the Almond Board of California as part of Food & Nutrition‘s Recipe Roundup program. Click for more recipes.
Cheddar Almond Flour Crackers
Recipe by Deborah Murphy, MS, RDN
- 2 cups (182 grams) blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup (58 grams) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg (71 grams)
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon(0.8 grams) coarse kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add the flour, cheddar cheese, egg, garlic powder and onion powder to a food processor. Pulse 5 to 8 times until dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a piece of parchment the size of the baking sheet. Use your hands to form into a ball and compress into a disc with your hand. Top with a second sheet of parchment the same size as the first.
- Use a rolling pin to roll dough into a 1/8-inch thick sheet. Remove top layer of parchment. Use a knife or pizza cutter to score lines into the dough to make 1-inch squares. Transfer parchment and dough to a baking sheet. Sprinkle with the kosher salt.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until crackers are lightly browned. Transfer to a cooling rack. Once cool to the touch, break crackers apart along the lines scored in the dough before baking. Serve with your favorite dip. Store in a sealed container or Ziploc bag. Serves 8.
Serving size 7 crackers (29 grams)
CALORIES 172; TOTAL FAT 15g; SAT. FAT 2g; CHOL. 36mg; SODIUM 107mg; CARB. 5g; FIBER 2g; SUGARS 1g; PROTEIN 8g; POTASSIUM NA; PHOSPHORUS NA
Note: Reliable potassium and phosphorus nutrition info for almond flour could not be identified.