This yummy snack mixes apple chips with chopped almonds, puffed brown rice and warm fall spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. It’s all wrapped up into one little bite with a sweet coating of almond butter and agave, making them vegan and gluten-free.
This sponsored recipe is brought by the Almond Board of California as part of Food & Nutrition‘s Recipe Roundup program. Click for more recipes.
Spiced Apple Almond Cluster
Recipe by Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD
- ½ cup (19 grams) apple chips, broken into smaller pieces
- ½ cup (6 grams) brown puffed rice
- ½ cup (70 grams) raw unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon (1 gram) fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1 gram) pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons (40 grams) agave
- 2 tablespoons (40 grams) creamy salted natural almond butter
In a large bowl, combine the apple chips, puffed rice and unsalted almonds. In a smaller bowl, combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt and pumpkin pie spice and stir. Heat a sauce pan over low heat and place the agave, almond butter and spice mix into the pan. Stir continuously for about 2 minutes until the almond butter is melted and the ingredients thoroughly come together. Pour the almond butter-agave mixture on top of the apple chip-almond mixture. Stir until the almonds are evenly coated. Form small balls (about 2 tablespoons) with the mixture and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serves 11.
Serving Size 1 cluster (15 grams)
CALORIES 74; TOTAL FAT 5g; SAT. FAT 1g; CHOL. 0mg; SODIUM 44mg; CARB. 6g; FIBER 1g; SUGARS 3g; PROTEIN 2g; POTASSIUM NA; PHOSPHORUS NA