Down here in New Orleans, New Year's resolutions don't start until right about now — sometime between Mardi Gras and Easter. Here are two tips that will make meeting your health goals more easily attainable.
- Make plan.
- Have a plethora of delicious recipes in your arsenal.
This Marinated Vegetable Medley Salad takes care of both of those — if you plan your meals ahead of time, make a grocery list and do a little kitchen prep, you can have this dish ready in no time. The best part is, it gets better as it marinates and the veggies soften.
I love this recipe because you can throw in almost any vegetables that you like. I like to use up anything I have in my fridge before it goes bad.
- 1 small broccoli head, chopped
- 4 kale leaves, julienned
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 4 mini sweet peppers, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 6 teaspoons honey
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all the veggies in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and drizzle over the veggies.
- Toss everything well to combine. Refrigerate and allow to sit for a few hours, tossing occasionally to redistribute the dressing over the veggies again.
- This dish is great as a vegetable side for lunch. Or, add whole-wheat pasta or beans to make it a more substantial dish.