Make everything in one pot! Rice noodles, vegetables and cubed tofu cooked in a flavorful yellow curry sauce. Ready in less than 30 minutes.
This sponsored recipe is brought by Kikkoman® as part of Food & Nutrition‘s Recipe Roundup program. Click for more recipes.
Recipe by Alexandra Caspero, MA, RD
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 cups no salt added vegetable broth
- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1 container firm tofu, drained, rinsed and lightly pressed
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup canned lite coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the ginger, garlic and curry paste and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often, until fragrant. Add in the red bell pepper and cook until just tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the vegetable broth, then bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and add in the rice noodles, tofu, soy sauce and carrots. Cook until rice noodles are al dente, about 4 minutes. (They will continue to cook off heat.) Turn off heat and stir in canned coconut milk, lime juice, cilantro and honey. Stir together and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Serving Size: 2 cups
CALORIES 431; TOTAL FAT 14g; SAT. FAT 4g; CHOL. 6mg; SODIUM 865mg; CARB. 63g; FIBER 3g; SUGARS 9g; PROTEIN 15g