If you are like me and mornings are not your thing, then we can agree that this Easy Apple-Blueberry Oatmeal is a lifesaver. Whip up this breakfast in no time and you'll start your morning right It boasts a generous helping of fiber, protein and fat to keep you sustained until lunch, meaning you can kick hunger all morning.
Oatmeal is full of soluble fiber, which helps lower high cholesterol. Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help boost brain power (especially after an eight-hour snooze). The fat and protein from walnuts will also keep you satisfied all morning. Meeting your daily fruit intake will be a breeze starting with this breakfast.
Take a deep breath and a big bite and know that you can conquer anything!
- ½ cup instant oats
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ cup cinnamon-flavored applesauce
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- Add instant oats, soy milk and applesauce to a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 2 to 2½ minutes.
- Stir ingredients together. Top with blueberries and walnuts. Serves 1
- If you want to make your morning even easier, refrigerate the oatmeal, soy milk and applesauce in a bowl overnight. Then, microwave it in the morning.