This sponsored recipe is brought to you by Unilever, whose Agents of Change Program celebrates the innovative registered dietitians working to create a healthier, more sustainable future — through food that tastes good, does good and doesn’t cost the earth. Click here to learn more about Unilever’s Agents of Change Program and the new Sustainable Nutrition Manifesto.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, plus more for rolling
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® It’s Vegan!, divided
- 2-3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 (14-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup canned full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2½ cups vanilla coconut yogurt (or Greek yogurt but it obviously won’t be vegan)
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- A few pinches cinnamon and nutmeg, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Pulse flour and salt together in a food processor. Scoop individual tablespoons of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® It’s Vegan! into the food processor and pulse until it has the texture of sand. With motor running, add two tablespoons ice water until the dough forms a ball. Add another tablespoon if needed for the dough to form.
- Form pie crust into a ball on a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle with flour and roll flat. Transfer rolled crust onto a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 15 minutes before breaking into small pieces.
- While crust is baking, make the pumpkin layer. Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, assemble crumbled pie crust in the bottom of a trifle dish or individual glasses. Top with pumpkin layer and coconut yogurt. Garnish with chopped pecans, coconut, cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve immediately.
Click here to see more recipes from Unilever’s Agents of Change gallery.