With the holidays upon us, Food & Nutrition’s recipe developers cooked up a beautiful spread of secretly nutritious snacks, sweets and mocktails that are sure to entertain guests! Find our other “Festive Fete” recipes here.
Serving size: ¼ cup
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 3 cups peeled and diced butternut squash (about 1 medium squash)
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup Garlic White Bean Dip
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Place squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until squash is fork-tender and edges have begun to brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree squash, rosemary, goat cheese and bean dip until smooth, then transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with pine nuts, pomegranate seeds and parsley. Serve warm.
Nutrition per serving: CALORIES 123; TOTAL FAT 8g; SAT. FAT 2g; CHOL. 4mg; SODIUM 115mg; CARB. 10g; FIBER 3g; SUGARS 2g; PROTEIN 3g; POTASSIUM N/A; PHOSPHORUS N/A