With the holidays upon us, Food & Nutrition’s recipe developers cooked up a beautiful spread of secretly nutritious snacks, sweets and mocktails that are sure to entertain guests! Find our other “Festive Fete” recipes here.
Serving size: ¼ cup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 15-ounce can drained and rinsed low-sodium cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- In a nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and transfer garlic and oil to a food processor. Add beans, lemon juice, pepper and salt and puree on high for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
Nutrition per serving: CALORIES 83; TOTAL FAT 4g; SAT. FAT 1g; CHOL. 0mg; SODIUM 106mg; CARB. 9g; FIBER 2g; SUGARS 1g; PROTEIN 3g; POTASSIUM 129mg; PHOSPHORUS 50mg