Cookies for breakfast? That’s right! Packed with nutrients, these no-sugar-added cookies make a great breakfast or pre-workout snack. The protein from the pecans and hemp seeds will help keep you full and the carbohydrates from the oats and fruit will give you the energy your body needs to get going! They’re also packed with fiber, which helps keep you full longer and makes for a happy gut.
To make a more filling meal or snack, try pairing a cookie or two with a hard boiled egg, some plain Greek yogurt or nut butter!
Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup “old fashioned” rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup shredded apple (peel included)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or any nut you prefer
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-size bowl and mix well.
- Drop heaping scoops of mixture into mounded cookies, about ¼ to ⅓ cup mixture per cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are slightly firm to the touch, but still tender.