A flavorful frittata filled with caramelized onions and topped with peppery arugula and feta cheese is a perfect one-pan meal.
This sponsored recipe is brought by siggi’s as part of Food & Nutrition‘s Recipe Roundup program. Click for more recipes.
- ¼ cup siggi’s Peach Non‑Fat Yogurt
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1/16 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/16 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fat-free feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup lightly packed baby arugula
- Heat a 9-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add butter and sliced onions arranged in a single layer. Sprinkle with baking soda. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When onions are browned and softened, sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with a rack in the center of the oven. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Whisk in yogurt (some clumps are okay). Pour egg mixture into cast iron skillet with onions. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until the top is just set and glossy. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces. Top with feta and arugula. Serves 8.
Serving size: 80 grams (1 slice)
CALORIES 91; TOTAL FAT 5g; SAT. FAT 2g; CHOL. 154mg; SODIUM 132mg; CARB. 5g; FIBER 1g; SUGARS 2g; PROTEIN 8g