In this monthly vlogging series, Stone Soup blogger Celestina Brunetti demonstrates recipes using ingredients featured in the most recent issue of Food & Nutrition Magazine. For April, Celestina shares with us how to make chia seed pudding using longans, a tropical, exotic tree fruit.
Longan Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ pound fresh longans, peeled with seed and pulp removed (about ½ cup)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Add almond milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and longans into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds, until sugar dissolves. You can also heat these ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat until simmering.
- Add chia seeds and stir.
- Portion into small serving dishes and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes or until set.