- 1 cup Japanese rice vinegar (Komezu)
- 2 teaspoons finely diced poblano pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh, sushi-grade scallops, thinly sliced crosswise into rounds
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup seeded, thinly sliced cucumber
- Combine rice vinegar, diced poblano and salt in a glass bowl.
- Add scallops and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator. Add green onion, sesame seeds and cucumber. Gently stir to mix.