This sponsored recipe is brought to you by Unilever, whose Agents of Change Program celebrates the innovative registered dietitians working to create a healthier, more sustainable future — through food that tastes good, does good and doesn’t cost the earth. Click here to learn more about Unilever’s Agents of Change Program and the new sustainable nutrition manifesto.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 package (12.8 ounces) chicken sausage, sliced and cut into quarters
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 2 packages of Knorr® Sides Creamy Chicken
- ½ cup parsley
- Season with salt to taste
- In a medium pot, add the canola oil and heat over medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Add chicken sausage and cook for 3 minutes, or until brown.
- Add the carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes, black pepper and paprika. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes
- Add shrimp and mix well. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pot, cook Knorr® Sides Creamy Chicken packages as directed on the package without the margarine.
- One minute before the rice is completely cooked, add sausage mix to the pot. Mix well and then add parsley.
- Let stand at least for 2 minutes. Stir and serve.
Click here to see more recipes from Unilever’s Agents of Change gallery.