This sponsored recipe is brought to you by Unilever, whose Agents of Change Program celebrates the innovative registered dietitians working to create a healthier, more sustainable future — through food that tastes good, does good and doesn’t cost the earth. Click here to learn more about Unilever’s Agents of Change Program and the new sustainable nutrition manifesto.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cup nut milk (such as unsweetened almond, cashew or coconut)
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® Vegan!
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
Optional Pumpkin Pie Crumble topping:
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® Vegan!
Optional Pumpkin Pie syrup:
- 1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a high-powered blender, add each pancake ingredient in order. Blend for 15-20 seconds until batter is smooth.
- Heat a pancake griddle to medium-high, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter by 1/4 – 1/3 cupfuls. Let cook 3-4 minutes per side. You’ll know it’s time to flip them when small bubbles make their way to the middle of the partly-cooked pancake.
- While pancakes are cooking, make topping: place 1/4 cup oats, pecans and cinnamon on a baking sheet. Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes, until light brown. Remove and sprinkle dates and vegan spread on baking sheet, mixing all ingredients around with a fork.
- To make pumpkin pie syrup, warm maple syrup in a sauce pan. Stir in pumpkin and spice. Pour into a serving vessel.
- Serve pancakes with topping and syrup beside. Enjoy your fall breakfast!
Makes 12-14 pancakes.
Click here to see more recipes from Unilever’s Agents of Change gallery.