My family and I have been eating mostly plant-based foods for the past few months, and I find that it's so easy to cook and bake vegan now. One of the first finds I had when I started on this venture was vegan butter. I've made buttery pasta sauces, biscuits and scones with it.
Now that it's warm outside, my husband fires up the grill for these delicious Vegan Grilled Pineapple Spears. They're a perfect dessert, whether served by themselves or with almond milk ice cream.
Vegan Grilled Pineapple Spears
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled, cored and cut lengthwise into 10 to 12 spears
- In a large bowl, mix together melted vegan butter and light brown sugar with a fork.
- Add the pineapple spears and coat on all sides with butter-sugar mixture.
- Grill on medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until grill marks appear.