Traditional caprese gets a makeover with added plums, mint and white balsamic vinaigrette, tossed together and served like salad.
SERVING SIZE: 1 cup (161 grams)
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- 4 ripe plums, pitted and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 8-ounce container cherry-sized fresh mozzarella balls, drained and each ball halved
- 12 fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- 8 fresh mint leaves, sliced thin
- ¼ cup (57 milliliters) white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (31 milliliters) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (18 milliliters) honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Place plums, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and mint in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Transfer salad to a serving bowl and enjoy immediately.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 224 calories, 16g total fat, 7g saturated fat, 32mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 5g sugar, 9g protein, NA potassium, NA phosphorus