Classic flavors of the Turkish dish Zeytinyağlı enginar come together quickly with canned artichokes, frozen peas and quick roasting rather than boiling on the stovetop.
SERVING SIZE: 3 to 4 artichokes plus ½ cup vegetables (157 grams)
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- 2 14-ounce cans artichokes in water, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup gold potatoes, diced ¼-inch thick
- 1 cup carrots, diced ¼-inch thick
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced ¼-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons (25 milliliters) canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons (25 milliliters) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (25 milliliters) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Add artichokes, potatoes, carrots and onions to baking sheet and drizzle with canola oil.
- Toss to coat and spread in an even layer.
- Roast in oven 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper and dill.
- Add roasted vegetables and thawed peas and toss to coat.
- Serve warm or chilled.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 167 calories, 9g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 4g sugar, 5g protein, N/A potassium, N/A phosphorus