Thinly sliced collard greens and black-eyed peas are lightly sautéed and tossed with a simple shallot vinaigrette for a satisfying side dish.
SERVING SIZE: 1 cup (100 grams)
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon (35 milliliters) olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound collard greens, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup rinsed and drained canned black-eyed peas
- Heat a 4-quart sauté pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add shallot and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, maple syrup and garlic. Set aside.
- Add collard greens to pan, top with prepared dressing and stir to combine.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until greens are softened but still bright green.
- Add black-eyed peas and toss to combine before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 125 calories, 7g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 2g sugar, 5g protein, N/A potassium, N/A phosphorus