How do you feel about this recipe? I’m pretty psyched because I have 712 zucchini growing in my garden, so I need a delicious go-to recipe to use ’em up. Well, if you’re in a similar situation, things just got real. Because this right here is the world’s greatest No. 1 most amazing zucchini bread. And it’s also banana bread, and the world’s greatest of that, too. It’s tender, soft, fluffy and so super tasty, you guys.
And I’ll be honest, I was a bit leery making this bread with oat and almond flours. Things just get weird sometimes with substitutions, but I tell you what — subbing in those flours was one of the best decisions of my life. Okay, maybe that’s a bit dramatic, but you know.
And what’s super extra cool is the crispy, crunchy flaky topping that’s cinnamon and sugar. Hence the “cinnamon crunch” name. It just takes a little dusting, and voila! Life is all that. You’re in for a treat, friends.
Also, if you’re wondering, yes, I totally ate several bites of bread straight out of the pan. It was hot out of the oven, and I couldn’t wait to cut it so I just got a fork out and went for it.
Now is not the time for judgment. It’s just time to eat.
Cinnamon Crunch Zucchini Banana Bread
Makes one loaf
Zucchini Banana Bread
- 1¼ cups oat flour (ground oats)*
- ¼ cup almond flour*
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together oat flour, almond flour, flax seed, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another medium bowl, use a hand mixer to whisk together bananas, brown sugar and oil until fluffy. Whisk in egg, then vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Slowly add dry ingredients to the banana mixture while whisking on medium speed, just until combined. Fold in shredded zucchini. Pour mixture into the loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon and sugar. Evenly coat top of bread batter with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool, then slice and serve.
*If you don’t have oats, oat flour or almond flour, you can substitute for 1½ cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour.