Sure, it may be officially spring, but I know there’s many of you still curled up under a blanket, waiting for the storm to pass and the snow to melt!
I’m sorry, I won’t even share with you the weather I’m looking at in San Diego right now!
But, I will share with you a little taste of spring that I whipped up in the Shaw kitchen last week.
This Lemon Poppyseed Dressing was born like many things are in my house — I bought an ingredient with an intention to make one thing, craving changed, and I was left to create something else.
Also, I’m all about going further with food and decreasing food waste! So, since I had a cucumber that was getting past its prime, I knew a quick fix recipe was in order.
Hello gorgeous lemon poppyseed dressing to the rescue!
But, by all means, don’t just stop there. You can use this as a dressing for really any salad, but also I highly recommend thinking outside the box, too!
Drizzle a little on top of your chicken sandwich, portobello mushroom tacos or heck, even some grilled veggies.
The possibilities are endless.
Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon stevia (or sugar of choice)
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- Dash kosher salt/black pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- In a mason jar (or blender), add ingredients and shake vigorously for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour 2 tablespoons over top of sliced cucumbers and enjoy!