No need to dine out at your local Thai restaurant tonight — you can easily make these peanut sauce noodles with shrimp right at home! Let’s dive into making the sauce! I like to get all of my ingredients out on the counter, measure them out and mix. No need to separate into smaller bowls — just use one mixing bowl. This sauce recipe makes 1 cup of peanut sauce!
What to do with this peanut sauce? It’s good with pretty much any stir fry recipe and goes will with any noodle dish. Kebabs or spring rolls are great uses of this sauce too! You can also use it in a cold noodle salad and it goes great with sliced chicken breast and chopped cilantro on top!
Thai-Style Peanut Sauce Noodles with Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, tail off, shell off, size: 91/110
- 2 7.7-ounce packages stir-fry noodles
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- ⅓ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- Combine all peanut sauce ingredients into a medium sized bowl, whisk and set aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add carrots and bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in shrimp and noodles and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. Once shrimp is cooked, add in ½ cup peanut sauce and peas. Continue to add more sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and enjoy!