Because it’s February, which is the month where we focus on heart health, I wanted to make something cold, creamy, nutritious and filled with ingredients that are great for our hearts.
- 2 clementines, peeled
- ½ cup frozen berries
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 small red beet, raw, peeled and chopped
- 1 date
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- I used clementines because I had them on hand, but you can use half an orange if that’s the citrus you have on hand.
- My favorite berries are strawberries and raspberries, but if you have other berries on hand like blueberries or blackberries give them a try.
- The frozen banana gives the smoothie its creamy texture. If you aren’t a banana fan, don’t worry because you can’t taste it at all!