Carrot Cake has always been one of my favorite cakes so I basically made it into muffin form for you! Creamy butter and coconut sugar create a perfectly moist, tender texture for these Mini Carrot Cake Muffins. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack and dessert and taste just like moist carrot cake!
Each carrot cake muffin is filled with warm cinnamon spices, freshly grated carrot, raisins and then baked to perfection. The ingredients are kept fairly simple for this recipe; however, here are some potential modifications you can make:
- Coconut sugar is trendy and certainly has a health halo right now. If you don’t have it, that’s OK! Sub for brown sugar or raw brown (turbinado) sugar.
- Sub the melted coconut oil for canola or vegetable oil.
- You can sub the raisins for dried cranberries or golden raisins. Or just leave them out completely if you don’t prefer them!
- Don’t want to use shredded carrots? Try adding in shredded zucchini or even sweet potato!
Confession: I am not trying to claim the prize for healthiest muffin award with this recipe. There is both white sugar and coconut sugar and coconut oil for flavor and texture. This keeps the muffins moist and fluffy, instead of dense and, well… flavorless!
Wanting more muffin ideas? Another mini idea are these Mini Banana Oatmeal Cups – so fun to fill with yogurt and fresh fruit!
Or if you are looking for more savory my breakfast egg and cheese muffins are a fan favorite!
Mini Carrot Cake Muffins with Orange Glaze
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup raisins
- 1¼ cup carrots, grated (about 3 to 4 large carrots)
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a mini bundt tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. In a separate medium bowl whisk together the eggs, sugars, ⅓ cup orange juice, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and then fold in the raisins and shredded carrots. Spoon about ¼ cup batter into each mini bundt tin and bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- While muffins bake, make the glaze by mixing together 2 tablespoons orange juice, confectioner’s sugar, orange zest and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Once muffins are cooled, drizzle the glaze on top! Enjoy!