In this monthly vlogging series, Stone Soup blogger Celestina Brunetti demonstrates recipes using ingredients featured in the most recent issue of Food & Nutrition Magazine. For November, Celestina shares with us how to make a spicy barbecue sauce with an Asian twist. This sauce can be tossed with roasted chicken tenders to give them a flavor kick!
Gochujang Barbecue Sauce
Makes about 2 cups
- ½ cup gochujang
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sake
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot. Turn heat to medium and whisk ingredients until well incorporated.
- Allow mixture to simmer about 15 to 20 minutes until it has reduced slightly to a barbecue sauce consistency.
- Remove sauce from heat, pour into a container and allow to cool slightly before placing a lid on it and storing in refrigerator. The sauce should be used within a week of making it.