These Greek yogurt pumpkin spice overnight oats are an easy and healthy breakfast recipe full of protein and fall flavor! The combination of pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice brings the taste of fall to every bite. Adding Greek yogurt makes these thick and creamy and adds more protein.
Topping with maple syrup and pumpkin seeds adds a touch of sweetness and crunch.
What kind of oats do I use?
I use rolled oats since they have a chewier texture than quick or instant oats. Steel cut will not work with this recipe.
Can I make these vegan?
You can easily make these vegan by swapping out the yogurt for a non-dairy alternative or leaving out yogurt all together. Double the amount of almond milk used if not using any yogurt. You can also add a teaspoon of chia seeds to help make them thicker, too.
Are these gluten-free?
While oats do not contain any gluten, they can be cross-contaminated during processing. If needed, use certified gluten-free oats to make this completely gluten-free.
Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- In a jar with a lid, combine all ingredients except pumpkin seeds and maple syrup.
- Replace lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, add pumpkin seeds, maple syrup, and extra cinnamon if desired.
- Use pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie filling to control the amount of sugar added.
- Adding Greek yogurt makes these super thick and creamy. If you want them a little less thick, add a touch more almond milk.