Sometimes you want oatmeal for breakfast. Sometimes you want a slice of pie. It’s called balance. Instead of just blending a slice of key lime pie and mixing it with some oats, I made these key lime pie overnight oats instead. They’re creamy. They’re easy. And a little bit sweet, a little bit tangy. Just like me.
Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 honey graham cracker square, crumbled
Combine all ingredients except the graham crackers in a mason jar with a lid or resealable bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight. Before serving, top with crumbled graham crackers, and additional lime zest if desired.
- Don’t add the graham cracker until you’re ready to eat. This helps make sure they stay crispy, just like a graham cracker crust!
- You can use either key limes or regular limes in this recipe. Key limes are more authentic and aromatic, but regular limes are often less expensive and available.
- Make these a little more dessert-like with a dollop of whipped cream on top!
- You can refrigerate the overnight oat mixture for up to 2 days. I wouldn’t suggest going too long in the fridge, since the lime can become bitter. Luckily they don’t take long at all to make!