Easy Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 15 chocolate kisses, unwrapped
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, egg and 1 cup sugar until combined. Move dough to the freezer for 5 minutes or refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm.
Add 2 tablespoons of sugar to a small bowl. Spray hands with cooking spray or coat with oil.
Remove dough from the refrigerator and roll dough into golf-ball-sized balls (about 15) and roll each in sugar to coat. Place each ball on prepared baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown.
Remove from oven, and immediately place an unwrapped chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Chill the dough in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up their texture.
- Do not flatten the dough before baking.
- Press kisses into the middle of each cookie immediately after removing from the oven.